Burned with acid, Cain finds loving home
Earlier this year, we introduced you to Cain, who was dropped off at Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery with acid burns covering his entire back and part of his head. The acid ate away at his backbone and absorbed internally causing damage to his spine and GI track. On top of it all, Cain was extremely underweight and had not been fed for weeks.
Cain’s poor little back looked all twisted up. It could be from an infection from the chemicals or from abuse. Rescuers at Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery immediately took him to the vet where he was administered a lot of medications to help get his tummy feeling better and his nerve pain to go away.
The vet said that he should have had surgery once it happened but it was already too healed to fix. He will have arthritis and nerve pain for his whole life.
Cain received laser treatments on his back to help with hair growth, nerve damage and scar tissue. Treatments lasted for weeks.
Because of Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery, combined with hundreds of customers who purchased shirts and accessories to help with the treatment, Cain received a new lease on life.
Now, we are thrilled to announce that Cain has been adopted!
His latest pictures show clearly just how happy he is!