Panda was dumped by a breeder because she was born with Hydrocephalus.
Panda is a newborn puppy that was dropped off at animal control to be euthanized because her breeder couldn't sell her! Yes you read that correctly. They dumped her to die because they couldn’t make money off of her. We are as angry as you are but we must focus on saving this tiny girl’s life.
She has several medical issues going on and remains in very critical condition. She has Entropion, where the eyelids roll inward and scratches the cornea (she will need immediate surgery), she also has Hydrocephalus which is fluid on the brain. Hydrocephalus is extremely life threatening especially for a new born puppy. To say we need your help is an understatement.
Our partners at Home Fur-Ever Rescue rushed Panda to their Emergency Vet. The news isn't good but HFE will not give up on her without a fight. Panda’s hydrocephalus is severe and the worst the neurologist has ever seen at her age. She is only 2.8lbs, so inserting a shunt is not an option right now. Doctors are going to stabilizer her before she can have brain surgery. For now her only chance is putting her on steroids, anti seizure meds and medications to try to bring the fluid down. There is so much fluid, her brain has only grown 20% of what it should have... the other 80% is water... Home Fur-Ever Rescue is hoping to buy her time so she can grow and get stronger so the shunt can be inserted. Please keep Panda and her foster mom in your thoughts and prayers.
This morning she was lethargic and not wanting to eat. Her medical foster mom rushed her back to the emergency vet and they determined the Hydrocephalus is progressing. The vet said when they are born with it, sometimes it can progress out of nowhere. Home Fur-Ever Rescue is in dire need of donations to help her. Panda’s injuries are extensive. For now we are asking for your help.
You can help by purchasing one of Panda’s shirts, tanks or totes below. We have partnered with Home Fur-Ever Rescue to create these animal saving products to raise the funds needed to save Panda from this unbelievable abuse. With your help they can give her a new life full of love and pain free!
Home FurEver Rescue
HomeFur-ever is a non-profit 501(c)3 foster-based animal rescue group dedicated to providing temporary foster homes for dogs that have been surrendered, abandoned, or found as strays until we can find them a permanent, loving home.